Amy's Reviews > Tripwire

Tripwire by Lee Child

F 50x66
Oct 04, 2011

did not like it

Where do I start? This book was so bad! The Reacher series just keeps getting worse and worse. I realize that Child's audience is probabaly a larger % of males than females, but come on! Reacher is such a shallow guy. It's really disappointing. What makes him so appealing is that he's always saves the day. He's who you want on your side when you're in trouble.

But when Reacher says he loves Jodie. He's a wanderer that doesn't like to be 'tied down'. He hooks up with a different woman in all his adventures of which he starts out in this book down in The Keys working as a bouncer at a strip club. So just having reconnected with a crush from his past and to say he's in love. Give me a break. Reacher's never been with a woman long enough to really know what a loving, commited relationship is.

I was mainly disappointed that the ending left so many loose ends. Like what happened to Marilyn & Chester Stone-- as well as Hook Hobie? You never find out, but Child spends 2-3 pages describing Reacher's thinking he's dead when he's actually alive in the hospital with Jodie at his side.

It was a total disappointment. Sadly, I'm done with this series.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tripwire.

Troy Blackford You do get that in the first two books he likes the girls in the book but they reject him and he gets sad? 'It's not the end of the world, it just feels like it.' Oh well.

Leon Aldrich If not Lee, what author in this genre really grabs your attention:
Flynn, Parker, Baldacci, Crais?

message 3: by Rob (new) - rated it 2 stars

Rob I didn't like this book either and for reasons that go way beyond most of your complaints. I finished this book last night and my disappointment is fresh in my mind. Yes, what happened to Chester and Marylin Stone? They were an integral part of this book and they are left sitting in "Hobie's" office. WTF? I think that Lee Child is a douche bag for attempting to "profiteer" off of Vietnam veterans. ESPECIALLY because he got almost everything wrong. What he wrote about Vietnam is absolutely preposterous! I realize it's only a novel but he should have done SOME fact-checking. I do agree that Child writes for a male market and I feel he writes for a very young market also! If I get pissed off enough, I may write my own review. :)