Ed's Reviews > 'Salem's Lot

Jul 19, 08

Recommended for: Anyone that reads King
Read in July, 2008

May 5, 2008
Started reading this book while driving from CA to IA. Actually, it is starting very slowly. For the first 6 chapters King is introducing every person in the town of Salem's Lot. I hope there is a reason for this. I think this will get a lot better as I get deeper into the book.

Update 6-1-2008
I'm still reading this book. It is getting much better as I get into it so I raised it from 2 stars to 4. I am about 65% done. Yes, the beginning started out slowly, but if you can get through that it becomes much more interesting and fascinating. I am wondering where "The Lot" will take me next.

Update 7-17-2008
Finished this audiobook. I had to read the middle 5 chapters over again because I had taken such a long break from this book. Yep, I wound up liking it, although it was still hard for me to juggle and keep track of all the towns characters, but I was a lot better at it by the end of the book. Turns out that there was a reason to introduce so many towns folk in the beginning. I can't tell you why though without spoiling some of the book. I am always amazed at just how well Stephen King can write. Not just the story, but also the care he takes on each scene, making sure you understand exactly what he wants you to visualize. I might as well tell you it is a vampire book, but it is a King Vampire book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 'Salem's Lot.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Hi, Ed! I've been reading Suite francaise which was written by a Russian novelist before she was sent to Auschwitz. It's fascinating--two books which have been combined into one although the author was killed before she had time to weave them together as she had wanted. Mostly it's about the exodus from Paris is June 1940 when the French believed the Nazis were about to invade.

message 2: by Ed (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ed Hi Vicki !! If it is in audio I would love to read it. I haven't "read" a book with my eyes for years. Sound like it is a very depressing sad book though.