Katie's Reviews > The Raging Quiet

The Raging Quiet by Sherryl Jordan

F 50x66
Oct 04, 2011

Read in October, 2011

** spoiler alert ** It was honestly a lovely book.

I do have some problems, however.

The beginning and ending felt a little too rushed, like the author was trying to get to the good bits. She didn't dwell enough on the journey, instead of the rush to the destination.

I felt as though she could have focused more on Marnie's life as wife to Isake, to let her character develop more in that situation, before finding refuge in the friendships of Father Brannan and Raven. Those are just my thoughts.

I was also slightly miffed at the open ended feeling I got from Michael, Marnie's father. It felt as though the story should have ended with him recovering, or recovering enough to help Marnie gain some closure with her mother.

Regardless, it was a beautiful book that instilled wonderful feelings. Those heart-wrenching emotions that comes with angst and tragedy and despair, but with a very happy ending.

I recommend this book to any reader who likes a whimsical tale where everything ends up perfect but the road there is filled with hardship and love.

I also finished it within a day, so I assure you it is a can't-put-down type of book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Raging Quiet.