Val's Reviews > The Pirate Prince

The Pirate Prince by Gaelen Foley

I really liked this one. I thought it was gonna be much shorter but I can't say I'd want to cut off any of those scenes. It started off a bit weird. His immediate attraction to her was a bit too intense for me. But when I thought this was going to be just another one of those love-at-first-sight kinda book, it picked up. Their relationship was awesome and hilarious. I'm glad the author took her time with those two.

The only thing that bugged me a bit was how the author spent three pages with the character convincing him or herself of something only to do the complete opposite at the next scene. I understand she was trying to show the weakness they had for each other -and at some moments it was kinda cute- but at others it was a tad annoying having to bear all their ramblings only to see them fall apart later. Like when he insulted her in every way possible and she not only makes the first move but the second, third, etc. Also, what's up with "I'll give you any chance you want" Where's your pride girl? I get that this is, like, the love of your life but there's so much one can put up with.

Yet, these are little things and I really enjoyed it overall. There's very little action, and whoever wants to read this must know its mostly a romantic novel, period. I've already started the second one and it definitely looks like this series gets better and better.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pirate Prince.

10/09/2011 page 1
0.0% "About time I gave my sister's favorite author a try. Let's see how this goes..."
10/10/2011