Emelie's Reviews > Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?: A Rock 'n' Roll Memoir

Does the Noise in My Head Bother You? by Steven Tyler

Oct 04, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: biography, non-fiction, music, autobiography, memoir, musicians, rock-n-roll, usa, 20th-century, contemporary, 21st-century, published-2010s, male-authors
Read from December 31, 2011 to January 03, 2012 , read count: 1

I was a little bit hard deciding on how many stars this book was gonna get. I made it 2 stars. The reasons for that were that I found the writing of the book a little bit hard to understand and follow. Mind you, my first language isn't English so it might be because of that I sometimes had a hard time understanding what he was saying and follow his sentences. It was jerky, a story within a story, hopping all over the place. The words and phrases all over the place - which on the other hand was cool 'cause it felt like Tyler was talking directly to you with his one words.

The book was... okay. I read it in a few days which says that I was interested and hooked to the story, 'cause I wanted to find out the happenings and it all about Aerosmith and all around it from Tyler's perspective. The beginning with his childhood was interesting - never would've guessed he was a nature boy. His spirituality and thoughts were interesting and sometimes thought worthy (but I found it a bit troublesome to see in his perspective of sex and cheating of wives while on tour). But I think I wanted to go deeper, find out more about himself and his thoughts. Sadly, I thought it was to focussed on sex and drugs. Rambling about the name of the drugs for several sentences. He got deep and interesting sometimes, but mostly it was about the general rock 'n roll life that's isn't big news.

For the Aerosmith fan, as myself, the book could be read and to some length enjoyed, but if you're not that big of a fan I don't think you have anything to get from reading this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?.

12/31/2011 page 36