Stacy's Reviews > Precinct 13

Aug 09, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: from-publisher-author
Read from July 16 to 17, 2012

Alex is nominated to be the Hughes County Coroner on a dare. She hasn't had a crazy life so far so when her very first day on the job a corpse gets up and walks away she isn't quite sure how crazy she actually is.

Alex had a great personality and was fun to read about. There was a lot of times where Alex mentioned her past or a past event but they were only hinted at or slightly mentioned and it would have been nice to know the details of stuff that affected her so much. I felt like I missed a book or short story or something along those lines a lot during the book. I really liked Precinct 13 and the way they operated. There was a lot of mystery involved in the plot while Alex and Precinct 13 were investigating and I never felt like I knew who the bad guy was or had a grasp on the the exact situation they were in which is always nice. The romance between Alex and Valentine was just ehhh. There wasn't much in the way of explanation about him or his and Alex's past. Alex hints about him then all of a sudden he jumps in and is there. He remains mysterious for most of the book with only a little revealed about him, some big things are revealed but again it felt like I missed something.

It pains me to say this but I really wanted to love PRECINCT 13 and I only liked it. There is some decent groundwork for a series and I did like Alex and her coworkers so I will probably read a second book if one comes out, but I would probably borrow it from the library.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Precinct 13.