A Tasty Read Book Reviews's Reviews > Scrumptious

liked it
bookshelves: first-reads, netgalley
Read from January 02 to 03, 2012 , read count: 1

reviewed at http://atastyread.blogspot.com

Scrumptious was a cute, light-hearted, sometimes comical Contemporary Romance centered around Food and Sex.....and yes...there was A LOT of both!

The story overall was good, I enjoyed Marly and Joe as the hero and heroine, who both were commitment phobes always looking for the next piece if ass, until they found each other. I appreciated that we were finally given a heroine who was just as, shall we say promiscuous, as the hero, but we could understand why she never wanted to settle down....how many friends do each of us have that are just like Marly and it turns out they just never had a good view of love.

Some parts were slow and ill admit, a little boring, like the whole Keith saga and the Restaurant business, could have done without all of that business, but then we wouldn't have had half of the book!!

I found myself really enjoying all the sexy banter between Joe and Marly, and their chemistry was off the charts HOTT!! I loved the scenes where they would cook together, the descriptions were amazing and I was left feeling very hungry after finishing this book!!

All in all, it was heart-warming, and funny and I would definitely read another release by Amanda Usen.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scrumptious.