Maria's Reviews > Nowhere Girl

Nowhere Girl by A.J. Paquette

Oct 04, 2011

First of all, I am in love with this cover! I think it is beautiful, mysterious and instantly grabs at you.

This book is one that will absolutely catch you by surprise. Just reading the synopsis of Paquette's novel will not do this book justice. Sure, it reads as a decent novel - a young girl born in a prison in Thailand - tries to find here way home, wherever "home" may be. Sounds so-so, right? You might or might not want to read it after that.

Well, I'd like to be the first to inform you that this book is one of those reasons why I love reading in the first place.

The story line is incredibly simple, and yet, so gorgeously written that you actually view the world through Luchi's eyes. The characters are a bit predictable, and you can actually guess what's going to happen before it happens. But even when it does, it pulls at your heart in such a way that you wish you could go back, unread it, and make it so that it never happened.

This story is not simply about Luchi Ann finding her way home. It is about anyone and everyone who has ever felt lost in their life. Who has ever had to deal with secrets and death. Who has ever had to be brave enough to take that next step forward. It's relate-able to everyone - no matter the age, race, gender or background. And it is definitely worth reading!

Maria @ GoodChoiceReading.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nowhere Girl.