Kahina .'s Reviews > Bad Taste in Boys

Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris

Oct 04, 2011

bookshelves: best-books-ever-3, epic-covers-are-epic
Read from October 12 to 17, 2011

Absolutly delicious!!! (If i may say XD)

First, i loved the cover and the title was so tempting *_*
I added the book to my to-read list but since i didn't know where to get it, i was kind of hopeless about reading it that soon. Fortunatly, a friend of mine offered it to me (thanks to her, by the way ;)) I was really glad and i started reading it directly.
So, after reading reading and reading, i figured out there was no relation between the title and the story. (Or i'm just too stupid to get it xD)But it was still good and the idea was amazing.
The story is kind of soft, chapters not too long and easy vocabulary so it's simple to go through.
However, at the end, when the events got rough, there were too many details. I think it could have been better without.
There was a lot of metafors i enjoyed like in... NO! No spoilers xD
I like the way Carrie Harris, the writer of the book, personified herself in the main caracter of the book.
I don't really know what to say about the caracters, they're not enough introduced and they don't act a lot (Well, except for Kate. She is too proud but i fits her well.), but that doesn't really matter.
I enjoyed the concept of the story. Since i started reading those fantasy books, all was just stuck with a boy a girl a romance, the boy is some supernatural thing and the girl needs to fight to be with him bla bla bla.. so i was glad to read about normal people, a love story between with a normal boy and i mainly like that the story didn't only focus on this romance.
The team turning into zombies made me think of a glee episode xD
Grable sounds really zombie xD

On the whole, the book is really sweet. It deserves 5 stars without thinking!!
And i hope there will be a Kate Grable #2 ... ;)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bad Taste in Boys.

10/13/2011 page 22
11.0% "Great beginning!"
10/14/2011
35.0% "Zombies or cannibals? I'm eager to know!!"
10/15/2011
52.0% "The idea is AMAZING *___*"
10/16/2011
83.0% "Omygosh! It's turning into a kind of horror movie and i'm loving it *__*"
show 1 hidden update…