Kai Gomes's Reviews > Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane

Oct 04, 11

Read in September, 2011

The Prophecy of Bane
By: Suzanne Collins

SUMMARY

Gregor has been to the Underland before, but it has never been this intense. He has had to face giant squid monsters, carnivorous mites, and dinosaur-like sea serpents with 20 rows of teeth each containing more than 100 teeth. He was back at the Underland because of his three year old sister and the hardest part of his journey was thinking that she was dead. He finds out many things about himself and the most important thing he learns is that he is a Rager - a person born with a talent for fighting better than a trained professional, a deadly killer. He meets many new friends in his quest like Twitchip a good rat who has been surviving by herself her whole life and Howard the cousin of the soon to be queen Luxa. Gregor with his giant bat Ares, Temp a giant cockroach, and Mareth a guard with her bat Andromeda all set off together to kill the giant evil white rat. But will they find the rat and will they kill it?

5 Star Rating

This book is in my top 15 books I have ever read, and I have read a lot of books. This book is packed with exhilaration and action. If you like adventure books this would be a series you would want to read. I liked the fact that the book has parts of mystery, action and some sad parts, but not enough for me to dislike the book. Like some great adventure books this book contains a prophecy, in this case it is about Gregor a warrior who doesn’t even have a sword, but is supposed to somehow save the Underland, along with his 3-year old sister. One of my favorite parts was when Gregor is fighting a giant monster squid and goes into rager mode and kills the squid in under a minute. This book is the second book in the Underland series and there are three books after it. For people that like adventure books and books with prophecies like this book, they should check out the Harry Potter series, the Percy Jackson series, and the Heroes of Olympus series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane.