♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡'s Reviews > Serpent's Kiss

Serpent's Kiss by Melissa de la Cruz

Nov 10, 2014

bookshelves: owned, signed-books
Read in July, 2012

We follow the Beauchamp family as they continued their lives after the events of Witches of East End. Each and every one them harbour secrets from one another. Freya is trying to find the truth about what happened on the bridge; proving her brother right or not about who is really responsible. Ingrid finds herself testing the first glimpse of love while dealing with unwanted visitors and Joanna tries to figure out what her heart wants while trying to discover the source of the strange happenings in her house.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I like that we get to have many point of views in this story; helps get us into each character individually. This book kept me captivated from the beginning to the end; not a single dull moment with the Beauchamp family. Each character have the same personality as in the first book, but learning more about their world and where they are from, you tend to see them differently in this one.

And funny thing is, as I see what they are going through, it could almost look like any normal humans problems; love, jealousy, family etc. Of course, nothing is ordinary with them and I enjoyed how each and every one of them is different from one another; bringing new perspectives to the situations they are living. Freya is more passionate, Ingrid more sensible and Joanna is intuitive (what most mothers are).

Sometimes, trying to keep up with all the new name of Gods, worlds, places, etc was hard, but the author brilliantly wrote about them that it made me eager to learn more and didn't mind going back a few pages just to make sure I remembered correctly.

I really enjoyed this second book of the series and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Serpent's Kiss.

Nancy The book junkie loll you had to bought it :P