Haleema 's Reviews > Incarnate

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

Mar 25, 12

bookshelves: cover-marry-me-please, half-wit-heroine, cheese-pizza, meh-mazing, oh-not-again, what-the-falafel, insta-love
Read from March 21 to 25, 2012

Oh, premise of Incarnate, you seemed a bit promising. You were tolerable.

What happened?

I'll tell you what happened.

Ana, the protagonist, is seriously one of the most naive, childish, and annoying girls I've ever read about. I don't care what she's gone through. I don't care how she was brought up. I don't care that I am insensitive. Sam is so utterly boring. I don't know how he attracts Ana. The whole time he was with Ana, I felt like he was an old man explaining his stupid daughter about life and how it works.

- "That, my dear, is a house. There are these creatures called "humans" that live in it. A house can also be used in many different ways. Besides shelter, it can be used as a museum. Isn't that interesting, my dear?"

- "That is a market. It is where people sell fruits and vegetables so that they can get money and the people that purchase the fruits and vegetables consume them and have a long, fruitful, and happy life."

That is literally how their relationship developed. She asked him questions, he answered them with the longest answers ever.

The whole time Sam talked, I was yelling and crying at the book,

description

You see, I am not a fan of insta-love. However, when the main characters take a lifetime to simply kiss, it irks me. The romance in this book is agonizing. For God's sake, they live in the same house, do the same things, and eat delicious honey together. HONEY! What could possibly stop them from being together, right?! They are so annoying. They're physically incredibly close. They hold hands. They brush each others hair out of their eyes, they lay down together.

But NO KISS. Just... Just. Someone help me.

Ana complains that Sam never makes the move, yet she is doing absolutely NOTHING to satisfy her carnal desires. She merely sits there and gloats while he runs away from her. Why does the guy have to make the first move?

I have nothing to say regarding the plot. NADA. NOTHING.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Incarnate.

03/21/2012 page 1
0.0% "Oh, boy. That is an eye-catching cover."
03/22/2012 page 70
18.0% "Okay, Sam seems to care about this girl a bit too much. I cannot bear this. I cannot. description"
03/23/2012 page 94
24.0% "Okay, the romance between Sam and Ana is BORING!"
03/23/2012 page 102
27.0% "Sam seems more and more like a tour guide than Ana's friend. Just shut up! And Ana, stop asking so many questions, damn it!"
03/24/2012 page 122
32.0% ""The light caught your hair. It looked red, like flame." That was a weird thing for him to say, and not necessarily good or bad. Why couldn't he just speak in ways I'd understand?"
03/25/2012 page 145
38.0% "I give up."
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol is this a good book? The cover is gorgeous so I was thinking of taking it out at the library.

message 2: by Haleema (last edited Mar 24, 2012 12:43PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Haleema I was fooled by the gorgeous cover. It's not horrible. However, it can be better. I'm just very conflicted. I'm not sure if I like it or not at this moment!