Regina's Reviews > Sacrifice

Sacrifice by Cayla Kluver

Jan 21, 13

bookshelves: 2012, fantasy, royalty, romance
Read from January 20 to 21, 2013

Honestly my feelings towards this book are rather bittersweet. I did not want to rave about it when I finished since I think Alera didn't do much for a queen but I still liked the series. It was the guys surrounding her that were interesting. Steldor and Narian were fascinating characters but I always found Alera bland in comparison. I read complaints on Shaselle's character but I liked the girl. She atleast has a talent with horses....I don't know if Alera has anything else besides Narian. I think the book would have been epic if Narian was the point of view instead of Alera. He has cool powers, a prophecy, and killer skills. Alera kinda...mediates and yea.... Saadi, the new character was likeable. There was some deaths and loss in this book that made me sad. Overall I am happy to have finished the series and poor Steldor really got shafted in them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sacrifice.

01/20/2013 page 83
18.0% "Im surprised but I'm liking Shaselle more than Already at this point. Alera feels awfully bland to me. Narian is alright but I think Steldor stole my heart in book 2 so I don't invest as much into the whole Narian and Alera couple like I used to in book 1."