Amanda's Reviews > Hemlock

Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock

Jun 18, 2012

bookshelves: on-my-bookshelf
Read from June 10 to 13, 2012 — I own a copy

I've read so many great books lately, I'm starting to run out of adjectives to describe them all. How often can you say, amazing, brilliant, and awesome in a review without starting to sound a bit repetitive. I'll tell you one thing, this is one instance where I don't mind being repetitive at all! I've read ALOT of really great books this year, and I really don't think that's a bad thing! :)

This book is one of those AMAZING books. Add it to the list with the rest of the awesome I've read this year. In fact, put it a little towards the top! This book kept me on my toes! The mystery surrounding the little town of Hemlock had me itching for answers and gasping at every turn! Literally! I honestly had to put the book down a few times just to take in the moments. The shock factor is definitely high with this read. Awesome. Very awesome!

People were gushing to me about this book for weeks before I finally decided to pick it up. Now I'm certainly glad I did. I'm not the biggest fan of werewolf books but this book might have made a new fan out of me. I thought the whole werewolf thing was actually quite clever! Did anyone else catch a bit of a political vibe? I loved it!

The mystery captivated me, the love triangle kicked in with that bit of spice, and the shock factor topped it all off as one amazing read. I'd recommend it to anyone! Bring on the sequel! I'm so ready! :)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hemlock.

Quotes Amanda Liked

Kathleen Peacock
“People lied. That's just what they did.”
Kathleen Peacock, Hemlock

06/11/2012 page 29
7.0% "interesting......."
06/11/2012 page 101
24.0% "Definitely interested to see where this is going...."
06/13/2012 page 169
41.0% "*Gasp*... OMG! This just is gonna be good!!!! *keeps reading*..."
06/13/2012 page 172
41.0% "*Gasp*... OMG! This just is gonna be good!!!! *keeps reading*."
06/13/2012 page 204
49.0% "Barely at the half way mark and SO MUCH has already happened!!!... Must keep reading! :D"
06/13/2012 page 212
51.0% "What!!!!!!! OMG!! I think I see where this going.... *bites nails* *keeps reading*...."
06/13/2012 page 228
55.0% "OMG!!!! It feels like everyone's got secrets and I wanna know them just as bad as the characters do! So good! :D"
06/13/2012 page 254
61.0% "It just keeps getting better and better!!!"
06/13/2012 page 282
68.0% "OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O"
06/13/2012 page 327
79.0% "WOW! I think even I felt that one!! :O"
show 1 hidden update…