Jessica at Book Sake's Reviews > Death in the City of Light: The Serial Killer of Nazi-Occupied Paris

Death in the City of Light by David King

Oct 03, 11

I put off reading this book, because traditionally I don’t enjoy non-fiction, but I do like stories with a historical basis. I wish I hadn’t put it off, because once I started it, I really wanted to keep reading and just didn’t have as much time on my hands. The author writes non-fiction in a very narrative style, which surprised me and made me wish other non-fiction was written this way. He does a great job of painting a picture of the crime scenes, courtroom, people etc. that makes you feel like you are a part of the story. At times it did get a little wordy and overly descriptive, but for the most part it was appropriate and made the book easier to read. As I was reading this novel, I found myself getting goose bumps, and having to go check that my doors were locked because the descriptions are somewhat creepy, but it was all in a good way that added to this unfortunately true story. There aren’t any books that I have read recently that compare to this one, especially in the non-fiction category, it is definitely one that I will recommend to my friends and family.

Reviewed by Gabi for Book Sake.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death in the City of Light.