Kara's Reviews > The Girl Who Played with Fire

The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson

Dec 08, 11

bookshelves: 2011-list, 4-stars
Read from November 11 to December 08, 2011

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo had me leery about this book but I set out to read all three so that was the plan.

I was pleasantly surprised with the second installment, The Girl Who Played with Fire. While it was a bit hard to get past all the detailed lists, such as what one was purchasing from Ikea or what one purchased at the 7-11 for dinner or what was in someone’s kitchen, the story moved right along. Unlike the first novel where I really only found the last half interesting, the novel was interesting the entire time.

Larsson does a good job of twisting and turning the story so the answers are revealed in small details that are easy to overlook. I did not notice that in the first book but I picked one out this time and went "Oh! That's what he is doing." I think that made the book much more enjoyable and forced me to read at a deeper level.

I am looking forward to reading the third book in the very near future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Played with Fire.

11/11/2011
3.0% "Starts out much faster than the 1st book. Cautiously optimistic..."
11/15/2011
8.0% "Continuing to be cautiously optimistic but having trouble finding time to read."
12/05/2011
74.0% "I find myself reminding myself that this book was translated. But beyond that it's really good and picks up faster than the first book. Sometimes the details are a bit much, like do I really need to read everything someone purchased at Ikea? But the author does a really good job of reveling things just when you can't take the suspense any longer... I plan to finish the book this week."
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kari Rowles Totally agree about the details thing. It was so annoying! I'm glad I kept at it too -- it was so good! I still have to read the third one. Excited for the movie!