Chris's Reviews > Mummy Dearest

Mummy Dearest by Josh Lanyon

Oct 04, 11

bookshelves: 2011, gay, ebook, romantic-suspense, done
Read on October 04, 2011

Very good m/m romantic suspense about a professor of archeology who visits a dime museum in Wyoming to study its mummy, only to find that there's a reality/documentary show there filming the same mummy. I was a bit disappointed that the main characters felt awfully familiar from other Lanyon books I've read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mummy Dearest.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

MandyM His characters are very familiar but I think he gets away with it most of the time cause the stories are so good. I found this one was a lot funnier than usual.

Chris It reminded me quite a bit of Holmes & Moriarity, humorwise... well, ok, with more mummy jokes. ;)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Chris Kate Mc. wrote: "His cast of characters are all beginning to feel very similar to one another. I've had the same problem with the last several books. This one was funny enough that it didn't bother me. :)"

I'm glad it's not just me! I've most recently read his Come Unto These Yellow Sands, which I thought had a slightly different dynamic than the usual. Slightly. :)