Bethzaida's Reviews > Everybody Sees the Ants

Oct 03, 2011

bookshelves: arcs
Recommended for: everybody
Read from October 03 to 05, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 1

I usually like reading from a female’s POV. For obvious reasons I can identify myself more with them. But reading from Lucky’s POV was different. I felt very protective of him. I couldn’t get why “mom” and “dad” couldn’t protect better their son, but as the book progressed I kind of got why everything was happening. I don’t want to get into details because I will spoil the book.

All her characters were amazing and realistic. One of the characters that impact me the most was Aunt Jodi because it reminds me of someone close to me. It amazed me how much they were so alike (Aunt Jodi and that someone). Oh and the ants!! One of my favorite things about the book were the ants. They were hilarious!

This book touched my heart, broke it and made me laughed like a crazy person. A.S. King is incredible with words, and I admire that she decided to write about bullying, to educate us about how bad the situations is for some kids out there.

I want to say something to people who witness bullying, if you see someone getting bullied do something don’t stand there and act like nothing is wrong. You might save a life

VIVA THE ANTS!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everybody Sees the Ants.

Quotes Bethzaida Liked

A.S. King
“The world is full of assholes. What are you doing to make sure you're not one of them?”
A.S. King, Everybody Sees the Ants

A.S. King
“Listen to me. They may control what you do, but no one can pee on your soul without your permission.”
A.S. King, Everybody Sees the Ants