Barks & Bites's Reviews > Heart-Shaped Box

Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill

Oct 03, 11

bookshelves: horror

This is a very creepy ghost story. Judas is an aging former rock star who has a passion for bizarre things and much younger goth chicks. When his personal assistant spots an email offering Jude a chance to bid on a ghost, Jude agrees and gets much more than he bargained for when his past comes back to haunt him. This is an extremely creepy and well written ghost story and character study that I'd highly recommend. Though nearly all of the characters weren't exactly what I'd define as likable or sympathetic (except for the 2 german shepherds) I will definitely pick up this guys next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart-Shaped Box.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Suzie Quint You do know that Joe Hill is Stephen King's son, right? Must be genetic.

message 2: by TJ (last edited Oct 04, 2011 09:33PM) (new)

TJ Great review BLGM! Sometimes it is wonderfully refreshing to get a review that is straight to the point ( translation: not pages long) yet informative :)

message 3: by Barks & Bites (last edited Oct 05, 2011 08:19AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Barks & Bites @Suzie: Yes, it must run in the family. Joe Hill is not as long-winded as his dad though :)

Thanks TJ! I'm trying to prune my words because I've noticed that I tend to skim longer reviews lately.

message 4: by TJ (new)

TJ Me too! Sometimes I enjoy reading longer ones, but it's really nice to have reviews (like this one) that is concise when we don't have the time to read books about books :)

message 5: by Buggy (last edited Oct 06, 2011 08:08PM) (new)

Buggy Excellent that you read this BarksLess, I've had it on my wish list for ages and now I'm going to pick it up, Thanks.

Barks & Bites Hope you like it Buggy. His book "Horns" is great too.

message 7: by Buggy (new)

Buggy Another one from the infamous wish list, thanks Barksless