E.A.'s Reviews > The Angel Hunter

Oct 10, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: fiction
Read in October, 2011

I won this book as a First Reads from Goodreads. The blurb interested me though I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. The book is really well written. I wasn't distracted by the writing style and was drawn in fairly quickly by the characters. I really liked Lucille and her care for her cousin, David. The story is about Lucille who is worried about her cousin. He has been gone for three months and no one seems to know, or even care, where he is. While she is in church praying for him, she meets Andrew who says he has connections and can help find David. While they are leaving the church they are attacked by an unseen force. Andrew explains that everything Lucille thought she knew about god, angles, and devils may not be true. As angles continue to attack her she goes into hiding with Elliot, a cowboy protector. From there she is given an opportunity of a lifetime.

This story isn't normally what I read. I was expecting something different. I enjoyed the character development of Lucille. She was awesome. There were times that I felt bogged down by all of the talking. There were also a couple of places where it was confusing to tell the difference between a memory that had been erased coming back, and just a normal memory she hadn't forgotten. I wanted a little more action, pushing the story forward. The flashbacks provided a lot of good information about what was going on, it did get a little tiresome after a while.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Angel Hunter.