Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)'s Reviews > The Strange Case of Finley Jayne

The Strange Case of Finley Jayne by Kady Cross

Oct 03, 11

bookshelves: i-own, e-book
Read in September, 2011

Get this ebook for FREE from eHarlequin here.

This story, set before the events of The Girl In The Steel Corset, takes you right into the heart of this world and offers you a chance to see Finley before she began to grow accustomed to her abilities and duel personality.

Finley is very much the same girl as she was in The Girl In The Steel Corset, however a little more unsure about her abilities. Here she’s just getting used to them and really has no idea what they mean or the trouble they will cause her in the future. I love Finley, I really do. She’s a typical servant girl of the time, yet she’s very strong willed and has a very well developed sense of self. She knows who she is; her role as a servant and lives her life with honour and a good heart despite.

I really liked Lady Morton and Phoebe. It’s a shame Finley couldn’t stay with them; they treated her well, were good people and accepted her for exactly who she was. But alas, she couldn’t stay with them; otherwise we wouldn’t have the story of The Girl In The Steel Corset, would we?
I enjoyed the moments where Finley and even the other characters referenced Griffin. She has no idea just how close she and the Duke of Greythorne will become and where her life will take her.....

This is an exciting prequel and holds all the magic that makes this series so brilliant so far. If you’re a fan of The Girl In The Steel Corset then you’ll love this!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Strange Case of Finley Jayne.

10/03/2011 page 14
18.0% "Finley imagined the Duke of Greythorne as, “a plump, pasty-faced creature with bad teeth”...LMAO! She certainly doesn’t think that in the actual 1st book, ahahahahaha...."