Patricia's Reviews > A Brief History of Time

2782036
Dec 01, 11

bookshelves: audio, non-fiction
Read from October 02 to November 17, 2011

Started the audio book on a trip to LA with my son the other day. Stopped listening for a while in order to finish Watership Down, then popped this back in my car so I could listen to and from work and learn a little bit more about our universe.

Hawking does a pretty good job of "dumbing down" science and philosphy so that the average person can understand at least some of it. I feel I have a better handle on black holes and anti-matter, string theory, unification theory, etc. However, I also realize how much I just don't understand about black holes, anti-matter, string theory blah blah blah. I often felt like a real dunce listening to Michael Jackson (the brit, not the pop singer) discussing quantum physics. At any rate, it was a short listen and probably more enjoyable to listen to than to slog through visibly. Especially all the areas where large numbers are read (eg. ten million million million million million million million million million).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Brief History of Time.