Shayna's Reviews > In the Break

In the Break by Jack Lopez

F 50x66
Oct 04, 2011

Read in October, 2011

I really enjoyed reading this book mainly because it was funny. It tells about the mistakes that these teenagers make and the consequences. I was very surprised of the ending because I expected something else to happen but the ending is very realistic and surprising. When you start reading it, you will not want to stop because you will want to know what is going to happen next. The main conflict that started their tragic adventure is the fight between Jamie and his stepdad, this lead to Juan stealing his moms car and escaping to Mexico to hide his best friend Jamie from his abusive stepdad. While they are hiding out, they try to find the perfect wave and try to surf as much as possible while things calm down with their families. This is definitely the best book I have read so far because it is different than other books I have read and I can relate to a lot of parts in the story. Even though i'm not into surfing, I still loved it because it was also about teenagers running from trouble and what they do to distract them from feeling bad about leaving home. Overall this was a fun and depressing book to read. You might get lost and confused in some parts, but I would recommend this to everyone, especially teenagers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Break.