The Flooze's Reviews > Snuff

Snuff by Terry Pratchett
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snuff.

The Holy Terror 39! Daaang, that's a long series.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Best. series. ever.

message 3: by The Flooze (new) - added it

The Flooze Agreed. Apart from maybe two books, the whole series is worthwhile.

The Holy Terror I actually read the first one when I was 10 I think. I don't remember a single bit of it other than the world being on the back of a turtle ... is this that series?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

The Flooze (Michelle M.) wrote: "Agreed. Apart from maybe two books, the whole series is worthwhile."

Orly? Which ones didn't you like? I think if I had to bail on any, it would be Pyramids and....hmm...Moving Pictures?

I luuuuuuurrrrrrbe the Witches, and the Death books.

Shan, it's not exactly one series, more like a group of interconnected, but also quite distinct, clusters of characters.

Yes, Great A'Tuin the world turtle carries the Discworld on hisher back.

The Holy Terror Ok, so yeah, I read the first one a looooong time ago. Perhaps I should reread?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

If you like his kind of humour, you'll know straight away and you'll like most of his other books. If you don't, you'll probably loathe it.

message 8: by The Flooze (new) - added it

The Flooze Pyramids and Moving Pictures! Got it in one! Especially Pyramids.

I love it. My favorites are Death and Vimes/City Watch.

Vimes, Shannon, is the head copper of the city so his are more mystery. Snuff is a Vimes book.

It's satirical fantasy, but you can enjoy the story itself without digging into the deeper, real-world analogies. Very light and easy to read.

To start new readers, I usually give them Going Postal. It's easily accessible, very funny, and for non-fantasy readers it's a good way to ease them into the fold. Everyone I've given it to has loved it and gone on to read more.

The Holy Terror Noooo, must read book 1!

message 10: by The Flooze (new) - added it

The Flooze Yes, but since these a series within a series it isn't as crucial. Pratchett intentionally wrote them in such a manner that you can pick it up wherever. I choose Going Postal for those who might normally balk at a "fantasy" label.

message 11: by The Holy Terror (new)

The Holy Terror Ah, well, you know that's not me. And I vaguely remember enjoying the first book all those years ago, so I don't mind starting at the beginning.

message 12: by The Flooze (new) - added it

The Flooze That's all right then. I'm a stickler for reading order, too, but there are some people who wouldn't necessarily love Color of Magic, yet I know they'd adore so much of the rest of the series. I make an exception for them!