Susan Lynn's Reviews > Excuses Begone!: How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinking Habits

Excuses Begone! by Wayne W. Dyer

3372081
Oct 02, 11

bookshelves: inspirational, self-help, creativity
Read on October 02, 2011

This book is wonderful if you feel "stuck" in your personal or professional life or if you know you are "your own worst enemy".

The author outlines, with wonderful examples and analogies, excuses or negative self-talk many employ when attempting to change aspects of your life or character;such as "I'm too old" or "It will be expensive" or "I'm not smart enough". There is no judgement or chastisement for using these excuses. Dyer explains, in simple and eloquent language, the psychology or reasoning behind why people create such obstacles to their personal evolution.

With this insight as to why we use excuses, Dyer then goes on to provide alternate ways of thinking. These alternates include questioning old thinking habits as well as ways to open oneself to embracing a paradigm shift. With this embrace a universe of opportunities opens up before you and you have the strength to banish any excuses that prevent you from discovering your beautiful, authentic self.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Excuses Begone!.