Teresa 's Reviews > There You'll Find Me

Oct 02, 2011

bookshelves: arc-s
Read from October 12 to 14, 2011

***E-ARC obtained from NetGalley***

Any review I write will not do this story justice. THERE YOU'LL FIND ME was powerful and amazing and delivered it's message incredibly without being "too preachy."

Finley Sinclair experienced a devastating loss two years ago when her older brother, Will was killed in a terrorist attack. Since that time, she has continued with her life, but relied on the faith she knew her brother had to keep hers afloat. Finley travels to Ireland for a semester her Senior year because that's what Will did, and in his travel journal Will claims to have experienced God's presence everywhere in the lush country land. But when Finley doesn't feel her faith grows as Will's had, she begins to doubt if God cares anything for her anymore. As heart-breaking as Finley's story is, she carries out her grief in an OCD-like way that punishes her body and eventually becomes something she can no longer control. Over the course of a month, as her faith crumbles, so does her emotional state. During that time people are brought into Finley's life that she pledges to not care anything for, but without her knowledge they grow on her heart and ultimately lead her back to where she belongs in her faith, and at the same time help her discover the closure she was so achingly desperate for.

From the first page, author Jenny B. Jones captures her readers interest and keeps the story flowing without any lulls. The book comes together so well, had I the time I would have finished it in one sitting. Even though I consider myself to be strong in my Faith, for whatever reason I tend to stay away from 'Christian-Lit.' But am I ever glad I picked up this one. It's an inspiring story that has EXACTLY the right amount of romance. The scriptures were introduced at just the right times to identify with the story, almost like an example...and introduced me to my now favorite Verse: Isaiah 43.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read There You'll Find Me.

10/12/2011
6.0% "Really good start. I see promise here!"
10/12/2011
17.0% "Finley is relate-able. I also like her name..."
20.0% 5 comments
10/12/2011
47.0% "Ok. This book has me hooked. Isaiah 43. Go find it."
10/13/2011
69.0% "This story is coming together beautifully."