Taryn Elliott's Reviews > Curio

Curio by Cara McKenna

Nov 05, 11

bookshelves: all-time-fave, hot, fangirl
Read in September, 2011

I watched him for another minute or two. A strong, hard, pantingly horny man is a marvelous creature, everything the gender ought to be...yet so frequently isn't, in this day and age. This was how Didier looked when he was by himself. Who did he think of, when he did this?

His groans grew harsher, driving the bad thought away and drawing my attention back where it should be.

I stood and skirted the shade, intending simply to move it aside. But my fear was gone so I let my body lead me, and it led me to sit right next to him on the edge of the bed and watch from close up. His lids looked leaden as he turned his face to me. I could have kissed him, I'm sure. I even leaned in, but when we made contact it was forehead to forehead. Yet it felt more personal than any kiss I'd ever experienced, more explicit by miles. His skin was hot and damp, breath sweet from the wine and scratchy with arousal. The moment was nothing like I'd feared. It was nervous but somehow natural. Sweet. I nestled against his shoulder and watched his hand, wondering what his cock must feel like...surely as hot as the cheek pressed to mine. But I wasn't ready for the tease to end and real exploration to begin.

Just wow.

Seriously...I'm in awe of this book.

Cara McKenna is one of the most awe-inspiring authors out there in the erotica field. There aren't enough words to explain how reading her books make me feel. She pushes boundaries and never quite ends up where I think she will in a book.

Didier and Caroly are a must read. Exploration and sex is only part of the story. It's about learning someone inside and out, accepting everything about that person and falling in love despite the situations given.

The writing is so lyrical that it will leave you breathless and humbled by the characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Curio.