Stacia (the 2010 club)'s Reviews > Catching Jordan

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

Dec 07, 11

bookshelves: young-adult, contemporary-romance
Read in December, 2011

Cute story that gets points for uniqueness. Even though you can tell the book is a romance from the title and cover, I didn't expect there to be quite as many boy problems as there actually were. I think the story would have been so much better if about 10% of the book was cut because there were a few parts that seemed to be repetitive.

However, the story was a fun read and I enjoyed it. Bonus points given for the sports theme (and copious amounts of football references, both pro and college) and tomboy lead. Unconventional, indeed.

Best part of the book? A class project fake-baby named Jerry Rice.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Jordan.

Anna (Yoda Is My Spirit Animal) Jerry Rice and the antics he caused were quite possibly my favorite part of the book as well. I loved that Henry was the Mom and Jordan was the 'Dad!' :) It cracked me up.

Stacia (the 2010 club) The role reversal was cute, I agree.

message 3: by Dee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dee i just wish that all her sports references were real and that she hadn't made up players for real teams...that just drove me nuts...I would have preferred she make up a team rather than use a real team

Stacia (the 2010 club) I could see why that could get annoying.

message 5: by Dee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dee I did love Jerry Rice though - someone commented on a discussion board that they didn't get the baby thing - but most home ec classes i've read about do something similar

Stacia (the 2010 club) The dolls are fairly new. It used to be eggs!

message 7: by Dee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dee i was reading one book recently where the baby ended up being so destroyed you couldn't tell it was a baby...oh wait, maybe it was a TV show...lol

Stacia (the 2010 club) Good thing it wasn't a real kid.

message 9: by Dee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dee lol, truth ;)

message 10: by Dee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dee I need to write my review, but it isn't goign to be a good one...in fact, it is likely to be more of a rant than a review (hmm, me thinks I should wait a while)

Stacia (the 2010 club) I've had a few ranty reviews lately. It happens. If you gotta rant, you gotta rant!

message 12: by Dee (new) - rated it 2 stars