Melissa Lee-tammeus's Reviews > The Diary

The Diary by Eileen Goudge

Oct 02, 11

bookshelves: borrowed

Well, I read this book, wasn't sure I liked it, decided I did when I loved the middle, kept reading, nailed the ending before it happened and was pleasantly happy about it. Then I thought about it more and realized how ridiculous it really was by the end. But I got suckered into it and realized that this would probably make a good film along the lines of any Nicholas Sparks book would. It is very clean and sweet - I kept thinking this is a book I could read to my grandmother and not be embarrassed (which in all honesty not many of my books I can say that about!). The only part about this book was the unbelievableness about the two sisters not knowing anything about their parents lives before they came along. The two sisters find a diary their mother wrote during her single days. The diary contains information about a possible other love in her life. Of course, there is a mix up in what this all means, and I won't ruin it here for those who want to read it, but honestly, these sisters have to be pretty naive not to put two and two together or so completely unaware of anything about their parent's lives that it seems unreasonable. So, it is a bit far fetched. But a good love story none the less. It's a nice weekend read . . .

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Diary.