Jack Wallen's Reviews > Cause & Effect

Cause & Effect by Heather Marie Adkins

Oct 02, 11

Read on October 02, 2011

It's a rare occasion that an author can take a subject and pen it with such grace and gentleness that no matter where the story takes you, the end effect is stunning. Heather Marie Adkins is that kind of writer. And with her novella Cause & Effect she has written something so wonderful that reading the final sentence is only a let-down because there's no more to read.

The story is an up and down roller coaster that never once derails. Every relationship is not only believable, but touching. There were times when I assumed the story would unfold in a certain way, only to see it move into another. At one point I was sure their was foul play and I wanted to begin disliking a character -- only to immediately feel deep sympathy and regret I ever doubted the man.

I can't say enough about Ms. Adkin's writing. It's such a breath of fresh air to read such delicate and graceful prose that can take your breath away.

I highly recommend this book for anyone looking for a new author that you will want to stick with for the long haul.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cause & Effect.