Jennifer Wardrip's Reviews > Quicksand

Quicksand by Iris Johansen

Nov 13, 12

bookshelves: read-personally-by-moi
Read in May, 2008

This was another really good read in the Eve Duncan series, although I still find myself getting tired of Eve on occasion. I was happy to see a reappearance of Montalvo, was a little perked up by the fact that Joe Quinn grew a new backbone in this story, and was really excited by the part that Megan Blair played in the story (see PANDORA'S DAUGHTER).

I know that Eve needs to find the body of her daughter, Bonnie, for closure. I know that she's obsessed with this task. But, sometimes, you just want to smack her for letting it ruin so many other aspects of her life.

Many times throughout QUICKSAND I had to wonder what either Joe or Montalvo see in this woman -- I think she'd drive me batty. No matter what happens in the long run, though, I hope to see more of a paranormal aspect to the storyline: and it seems that there will be, what with the way the story ends.

If you're a follower of the Eve Duncan series, you'll want to read this one. It's good overall, and you can always hope that Montalvo comes to his senses and looks for a new woman to obsess over soon.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quicksand.

message 1: by bea (new)

bea omg Montalvo I liked this guy. So excited to continue this series.

Linda Grizzard I totally agree with ur take on Eve and Joe! Ugh . . . she makes me want to gag at times. :)