Diana (Offbeat Vagabond)'s Reviews > Dark Magic

Dark Magic by Rebecca York

Review posted here: http://offbeatvagabond.blogspot.com/2011/10/book-review-dark-magic-by-rebecca-york.html

Dark Magic is about a princess named Devon. She has been conditioned to be the perfect wife. But that is not what she wants. She loves to read, she loves magic, and she loves to learn about things outside of sewing and how to keep a man happy. But the day comes when her castle is under attack by barbarians and her heartless father’s only defense; give the enemy’s leader Devon so he will stop the attack. Amongst those barbarians is a man named Galladar who is smitten by Devon and has the power to bring the war to a halt. So Princess Devon wants to find the dragon that can help her people and she has no problem sacrificing herself to him. Princess Devon will go from being a pampered princess into the woman she wants to be.

I really enjoyed this short story. It was sweet and hot all at once, I mean very hot. There was a beginning and end. I didn’t feel left out and sometimes I feel left out with short stories. The plot is pretty simple and predictable. But it was a nice. The characters were nice. Galladar was tough but I wish there was more of him. I really enjoyed Devon. She was raised to be a princess and do what she is told. But she yearned to be a scholar, to know about philosophy, politics, astronomy and more. I like that she never gave up. Even when she was in a very sticky situation, she fought tooth and nail and wound out on top, with a little help.

Overall, this is a 77 page story that was straightforward. It may be predictable, but it wasn’t boring and gives you a little bit of everything you need. So if you are looking for a pick me up for your paranormal romance needs, I recommend this short, sweet and sexy read to you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Magic.