Mahek LOVES One Direction's Reviews > Handle with Care

Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult

this was an awesome book it was soo sad though..
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Handle with Care.

Quotes Mahek LOVES One Direction Liked

Jodi Picoult
“When you love someone, you say their name different. Like it's safe inside your mouth.”

Jodi Picoult
“Maybe you had to leave in order to really miss a place; maybe you had to travel to figure out how beloved your starting point was...

...Parents aren't the people you come from. They're the people you want to be, when you grow up.
I sat between my mother and my father, watching strangers on TV carry in Shaker rockers and dusty paintings and ancient beer tankards and cranberry glass dishes; people and their hidden treasures, who had to be told by experts that they'd taken something incredibly precious for granted.”
tags: 452

Jodi Picoult
“You can tell yourself that you would be willing to lose everything you have in order to get something you want. But it's a catch-22: all of those things you're willing to lose are what make you recognizable. Lose them, and you've lost yourself.”

Jodi Picoult
“That's what happens to dreams, life gets in the way.”

Jodi Picoult
“Families were never what you wanted them to be. We all wanted what we couldn't have: the perfect child, the doting husband, the mother who wouldn't let go. We live in our grown-up dollhouses completely unaware that, at any moment, a hand might come in and change around everything we'd become accustomed to.”

Jodi Picoult
“there was not much distinction between losing a friend and a lover: it was all about intimacy. One moment, you had someone to share your biggest triumph, and fatal flaws with; the next minute, you had to keep them bottled inside.”

Jodi Picoult
“People ask all the time how I'm doing, but the truth is, they don't really want to know.”
tags: care

Jodi Picoult
“It was one thing to make a mistake; it was another thing to keep making it. I knew what happened when you let yourself get close to someone, when you started to believe they loved you: you'd be disappointed. Depend on someone, and you might as well admit you're going to be crushed, because when you really needed them, they wouldn't be there. Either that, or you'd confide in them and you added to their problems. All you ever really had was yourself, and that sort of sucked if you were less than reliable.”

Jodi Picoult
“I think you can love a person too much.

You put someone up on a pedestal, and all of a sudden, from that perspective, you notice what's wrong - a hair out of place, a run in a stocking, a broken bone. You spend all your time and energy making it right, and all the while, you are falling apart yourself. You don't even realize what you look like, how far you've deteriorated, because you only have eyes for someone else.”

Jodi Picoult
“People always say that, when you love someone, nothing in the world matters. But that's not true, is it? You know, and I know, that when you love someone, everything in the world matters a little bit more.”
tags: love

Jodi Picoult
“What we all want, really, is to be loved. That craving drives our worst behavior.”

Jodi Picoult
“Things that break - be they bones, hearts, or promises - can be put back together but will never really be whole.”