Lisa's Reviews > Always a Temptress

Always a Temptress by Eileen Dreyer

Oct 06, 11

bookshelves: historical-romance, eileen-dreyer
Read from October 02 to 04, 2011

Lady Kate Seaton has put on a happy face for years. She is the daughter of a duke, the sister of a duke and the wife of a late duke which has made her bold, admired and envied by all...all that is except her brother and his wife, who are trying to commit her into an asylum to gain control of a home Kate owns. When her brothers latest attempt happens in the presence of Major Sir Harry Lidge, Harry steps in and says they are married so Kates brother has no control of her anymore. Harry is shocked by what he says as he and Kate have a past in which they were happily in love and Harry was lead to believe that Kate tricked him and it sent Harry into the army for ten years. Upon his return, he learns that Kate holds a vital clue needed for the Drakes Rakes and he knows he can not let her go into an asylum, hence the announcement of marriage. Even though neither one of them want to marry, especially to each other, they agree that it must happen to protect Kate and Harry temporarily puts his dreams of travel on hold to help solve the mystery of who is after Kate, if Kate has this mysterious verse and if he can ever trust Kate again.

There is so much depth and emotion in this story that it will just keep you so engrossed you won't even notice the time! Kate. Wow, her secrets and her past are just truly heartbreaking and the more we learn, the more you feel for Kate. And Harry. Wow again. His understanding and caring for Kate, whom he thinks betrayed him, is just so wonderful. It is really hard to say much without spoiling anything but you will fall in love with these two as a couple! They are just perfect for each other. They need each other to be complete and you can just feel that. Truly, they need each other and the road to that is filled with bumps but when they find each other finally, you will be sighing with happiness! And yes, I did sort of guess some of the reason as to why Kate was treated the was she was, I was still a bit surprised in the end so that is always a plus for me. Also, the culprit behind Kates attacks was not quite who I thought either. Overall, a truly heartbreaking, sigh-worthy, happy 5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Always a Temptress.

10/02/2011 page 193
45.0% "Very good!"
10/03/2011 page 306
71.0% "Very very good!!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Elizabeth (Liz) Lisa - Have you read the first two books in this series? I keep looking at this series. It sounds like the stories are something a little different and unique for HR, and I like that idea.

Lisa I have not. I sort of skimmed the first one and there was a very big mixed reaction to the second but I plan on going back and reading them. This one was excellent though! The couple were in love when young then sort of forced apart and it caused lots of unfortunate circumstances, a nice deep emotional book :)

Jess the Romanceaholic I'm dying to read this one! I'm so sad I didn't see it in time to snag it from Netgalley :( Great review!

Lisa I think it was on Netgalley really late, I don't think I even noticed it until almost release day. I didn't request it though b/c I wasn't sure if I would like it based on the mixed reaction to the previous one but I won a copy from the publisher so gave it a shot and so glad I did :)
Thanks :)