Hayden Casey's Reviews > Finale

Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick

Dec 06, 12

Read from November 03 to December 06, 2012

DNF.

HAHA -- the cover models look like R-Patz (with Bruno Mars hair) and K-Stew (with a bit of a 'fro going).
How fitting.

Finale. Really. What an anticlimactic title.
C'mon, guys. Really. We all know Becca could've summarized the three things that happened in SILENCE in the beginning of this book and kept it a trilogy. Things would've worked much better that way.

F#@!. Really? She really can't stop at number 3? I seriously doubt I'm going to read this. She really couldn't finish in Silence?

It really bugs me when authors do this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finale.

11/03/2012 page 1
0.0% "Wait, who is Scott again?"
11/03/2012 page 11
2.0% "Those 10 pages were boring and confusing as hell"
11/03/2012 page 30
6.0% "Nora is more intolerable than ever. God, I just want to smack her. Hard. In the face. With a chair."
11/04/2012 page 90
19.0% "Just make it stop already..." 2 comments
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nishtha (new)

Nishtha i thought it was a trilogy, what the hell? right..

Ally I'm happy... I don't want to have to say goodbye. I love the characters way too much for my own good. And Hayden, don't even lie, you know youll read this!!!!

Hayden Casey Ally wrote: "I'm happy... I don't want to have to say goodbye. I love the characters way too much for my own good. And Hayden, don't even lie, you know youll read this!!!!"

......

Yeah, I probably will.

Kendall [Kenny] While I love this series...I wanted it to end with Silence. (I'm not done it yet and I figured it was the last one...until I read your review. So...thanks for the heads up I guess.)

Gabbi  Calabrese OMG. That's the legit title? This makes me sad.

Kendall [Kenny] Gabbi wrote: "OMG. That's the legit title? This makes me sad."

I agree with you, Gabbi.

The title is...lacking. Not nearly as interesting as the others.

Hayden Casey Although it does go with the musical theme started in Crescendo, it's not greater. CRESCENDO was definitely the best title.
The funny thing about Silence is that it's title changed from Tempest, and if you think about it, those two completely contradict each other.

Kendall [Kenny] I noticed that too. :) I was kind of disappointed, because I just wanted it to get louder and louder. *grin*

Anywho, yeah. It does fit with the musical theme but I'm sure she could have found a better term for it if she'd tried.

Gabbi  Calabrese I know! I would say Tempest should have stayed and then Silence should have been the last one, but Silence fits for the third book. I just think Finale is so lackluster.

message 10: by Geralyn (new) - added it

Geralyn I know what you mean, but to be honest I loved all of them and I'm glad she came out with all of them. And I'm really excited about Finale (even though i really don't like the title) but why do you read series then, if you don't like the story to be sprawled out in a series of books? Isn't that kind of the point of a series?

message 11: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Tarman Finale isn't the real name dumbass! It's what she's calling it till she come up with the title!!!

message 12: by Reut (new)

Reut Whoa there, Mary. As far as I know, Finale is the official title, but I could be wrong. Even if Hayden is wrong, there's no need to call her a dumbass.

Hayden Casey Mary wrote: "Finale isn't the real name dumbass! It's what she's calling it till she come up with the title!!!"

Really, Mary? Go to Becca's website and try calling me a dumbass again.

Hayden Casey Reut (reutreads) wrote: "Whoa there, Mary. As far as I know, Finale is the official title, but I could be wrong. Even if Hayden is wrong, there's no need to call her a dumbass."

*Him. ;)

Jeffrey Clemmons you cant blame her, what would you call a final book to a series where teh titles have to do with getting quiter? whats quiter than silence? that be differnt if the first book was still Hush, Hush, 2 was something better than Cresecndo becuase means getting quiter, 3 could have been Crescendo and the last one would have been silence. give the woman some slack, plus the titles not as important as the reason she wrote it, though i do agree she coudl have made 3 the longest with a hueg battle rather than this wait. i would have.

Gabbi  Calabrese Nobody claimed it doesn't make sense, it's just not as exciting as anybody hoped. And, actually, Crescendo means to gradually get louder, so she should have named the third book Tempest which was the initial title, and then she could have named the fourth book Silence. However, Silence was fitting for the third book and she had a good reason for naming it that. Either way, I just hope this book is ten times better than Silence.

Hayden Casey I think Silence was very fitting for the third book because nothing happened.

Gabbi  Calabrese HAHAHA, yes!

message 19: by Reut (new)

Reut Hayden wrote: "Reut (reutreads) wrote: "Whoa there, Mary. As far as I know, Finale is the official title, but I could be wrong. Even if Hayden is wrong, there's no need to call her a dumbass."

*Him. ;)"

Ah! Embarassment! I just saw this.. sorry. I tend to assume that people are girls--awful and stereotypical, but the way my brain works when I see a unisex name.

message 20: by Megan (new) - added it

Megan I was so looking forward to reading the end of the story. I always hate when I don't get to hear from the characters anymore, but it's nice knowing what happened to them. When I got to the end of 3 I was so mad, knowing she was coming out with another book. I really think that the title may say a lot about what's coming up in this book but I really hope she changes it to something more.

Nicole she couldn't have possibly ended the series at Silence. She left off the series with a nephil and fallen angel war coming up. did you SERIOUSLY think that was how she ended a series. she obviously left it like that for a reason. another book would come out.

Gabbi  Calabrese She extended the series. She shouldn't have.

Hayden Casey Voldygurl99 wrote: "she couldn't have possibly ended the series at Silence. She left off the series with a nephil and fallen angel war coming up. did you SERIOUSLY think that was how she ended a series. she obviously ..."

Hi, Voldygurl. What I'm saying is that Fitzpatrick could've easily made Hush, Hush into the originally-planned three books by taking out the dumb amnesia thing and just having the foreshadowed war in book 3. It wouldn't have
made the author as much money, but it would have made a hell of a lot more sense. If you think about it, Silence was pointless. It took the story nowhere. In the beginning, she forgot everything, and at the end, she remembered it all. Now, Nora is in the exact same position she was at the end of Crescendo!

Gabbi  Calabrese Hayden wrote: "Voldygurl99 wrote: "she couldn't have possibly ended the series at Silence. She left off the series with a nephil and fallen angel war coming up. did you SERIOUSLY think that was how she ended a se..."

Is there a way to like your comment!?

Hayden Casey Gabbi wrote: "Hayden wrote: "Voldygurl99 wrote: "she couldn't have possibly ended the series at Silence. She left off the series with a nephil and fallen angel war coming up. did you SERIOUSLY think that was how..."

By doing that. :)

message 26: by Hayden (last edited Jun 08, 2012 10:49AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Hayden Casey Jeremy wrote: "I am very sad that finale is the last book in the hush hush series I wish there could be 5 books instead of 4. I am with it because it's my favorite series of all time"

I'm glad you like it, but a lot of us here on Goodreads aren't the biggest fans. I hope you enjoy Finale! :)

Hayden Casey I'm glad you're excited. :)

message 28: by Sam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sam So… she's going to fit an entire WAR at the end of silence. Do you realize what a bad idea that would be? No, she couldn't have summarized -and I enphasize this again- an ENTIRE WAR and squeezed it all in at the end of silence. Because that would just be a dissapointing end. By the way, anticlimactic? Do you even know what finale means?

message 29: by Sam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sam I know. These people should actually learn to write before they critisize PROFESIONAL writers.

message 30: by Sam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hayden Casey Sam wrote: "I know. These people should actually learn to write before they critisize PROFESIONAL writers."

You should learn how to spell "criticize" and "professional" before you bitch to me about not being a professional.

Also, I wish the whole memory loss thing just wouldn't have happened so the war thing would've happened over the course of the whole book. Maybe YOU should listen to what people are saying before you instantly judge them.

message 32: by Ally (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ally Bruno Mars hair hahahahahahaha

message 33: by A.Z. (new) - added it

A.Z. Green Hahaha. Sorry I like the books, it's a shameful like of mine, but I had to just stop and say how much I laughed so hard when I saw the cow being milked. Brilliant. But come on people! You have to admit it's cheesey, o.t.t but it's sooo entertaining. Don't tell me you don't fantasize about Patch or Edward or Jacob etc etc even if you do want to punch them in the face at times. It's what it's all about. Grow a sense of humour! Like the cow pic for instance ;)

message 34: by Sonya (new) - added it

Sonya she couldn't unless the book were to have like another book growing off it.

message 35: by Sonya (new) - added it

Sonya she still has to figure out what she's going to do with (insert ending off book here)

message 36: by Hazel (new) - added it

Hazel Grace FYI for you...Drew Doyon is hotter than RPatz who is an old fag...comparing the two is like combining flurine and francium. >:(

message 37: by A.Z. (last edited Oct 30, 2012 05:45AM) (new) - added it

A.Z. Green Hazel wrote: "FYI for you...Drew Doyon is hotter than RPatz who is an old fag...comparing the two is like combining flurine and francium. >:("

Were you talking to me?? Well, if so, I wasn't comparing them, I was merely showing the fact that for the YA fiction fans, Edward and Jacob and Patch are the kind of characters you fantasize about having in your life but at the same time find so farfetched and unbelievable that you laugh at how unrealistic they really are. But you love them anyway.

And Drew Doyon is only the model for the Hush, hush book series, not the actual character. Same goes for Robert Pattinson who only acts as Edward. I'm talking about the actual characters in the book.

And btw, he apparently hates being called RPatz. So don't say it to his face if you ever happen to run into him :D

And like the flurine and francium simile, smarty pants. :D

message 38: by A.Z. (new) - added it

A.Z. Green Lou23 wrote: "Hazel wrote: "FYI for you...Drew Doyon is hotter than RPatz who is an old fag...comparing the two is like combining flurine and francium. >:("

Were you talking to me?? Well, if so, I wasn't compar..."

Just realized you were talking to Hayden from her review. My bad. :s

message 39: by Minu (new) - rated it 5 stars

Minu Gopi the fourth book is actually good try reading it :)

Hayden Casey Lou23 wrote: "Lou23 wrote: "Hazel wrote: "FYI for you...Drew Doyon is hotter than RPatz who is an old fag...comparing the two is like combining flurine and francium. >:("

Were you talking to me?? Well, if so, I..."

Just realized you were talking to Hayden from her review. My bad. :s

*his review. :)

message 41: by A.Z. (new) - added it

A.Z. Green Hayden wrote: "Lou23 wrote: "Lou23 wrote: "Hazel wrote: "FYI for you...Drew Doyon is hotter than RPatz who is an old fag...comparing the two is like combining flurine and francium. >:("

Were you talking to me?? ..."

Omg.... I'm SOOOO sorry. I'm British so, Hayden is a unisex name. At least I thought it was. Sowwi. :D

Jaimee I don't understand why it bugs you. Personally I thought that things were left unfinished in the last book (silence), so it gave the author a chance to publish another one. Although you could probably stop at silence since it does reveal a lot

message 43: by Minu (new) - rated it 5 stars

Minu Gopi silence ended with a cliff hanger so it makes sense to write another book!

Gabbi  Calabrese Obviously Fitzpatrick can't just quit after the ending of Silence, the way it's written right now. However, this series was planned as a trilogy; three books. Therefore, that is not the original ending of the third book. In fact, I don't think that plot point was necessarily planned at all, hence how extremely boring 95% of Silence was. I will admit that, though the title is a little bland, Finale really redeemed the series, and I am quite pleased with how it all ended.

message 45: by Minu (new) - rated it 5 stars

Minu Gopi So you wanted the Hush Hush series to finish on a cliff hanger.... :/

message 46: by Minu (new) - rated it 5 stars

Minu Gopi Jeremy wrote: "Minu wrote: "So you wanted the Hush Hush series to finish on a cliff hanger.... :/"

i have finale but i don't know if i should read it next have you read it yet and if so is it good ??? let me know?"

It is am AMAZING book! plz read it :D

Gabbi  Calabrese Jeremy wrote: "This review just made me mad forgive me but how could you want book 3 to be the last and becca herself titled this book. the series was never going to be a trilogy it was suppose to be a 5 book ser..."

It was originally supposed to be a trilogy, but Becca wanted a book that takes place during Cheshvan, so she decided to extend the series. Essentially, Silence turned out to be an enormous filler with one important event. That's why she should have stopped at book 3. She should have completely wiped out the third book in general, because it serves very little purpose.

message 48: by Minu (new) - rated it 5 stars

Minu Gopi Gabbi wrote: "Jeremy wrote: "This review just made me mad forgive me but how could you want book 3 to be the last and becca herself titled this book. the series was never going to be a trilogy it was suppose to ..."
how sould say no to more PATCH!