Kimberly's Reviews > The Peach Keeper

The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen

Oct 08, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read from October 02 to 07, 2011

Two 30-year-old women begin a friendship together.

That's all I can really think to say about this book, because it was really the main thread. Everything else that happens is just a subplot and nothing that I would consider a major plot point. I really felt like this whole story could have taken place in an episode of "Gilmore Girls"--small town, coffee shop, huge excitement over moving a tree, rich socialites vs. others, etc.

Overall, I thought the book was decent.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Peach Keeper.

Quotes Kimberly Liked

Sarah Addison Allen
“Coffee, she'd discovered, was tied to all sorts of memories, different for each person. Sunday mornings, friendly get-togethers, a favorite grandfather long since gone, the AA meeting that saved their life. Coffee meant something to people. Most found their lives were miserable without it. Coffee was a lot like love that way. And because Rachel believed in love, she believed in coffee, too.”

Sarah Addison Allen
“Happiness is a risk. If you’re not a little scared, then you’re not doing it right.”

Sarah Addison Allen
“Every life needs a little space. It leaves room for good things to enter it.”

Sarah Addison Allen
“When you're a teenager, your friends are your life. When you grow up, friendships seem to get pushed further and further back, until it seems like a luxury, a frivolity, like a bubble bath.”