Jennifer's Reviews > Twilight

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

May 10, 08

bookshelves: modern-fiction
Read in May, 2008

I really wanted to like this book. The premise sounded so intriguing, but I really disliked this story.

This book was nothing more than a pathetic love story between two moody teenagers, one of them being a vampire. Bella's character was pathetic. She falls so desperately in love with Edward (in about five minutes) that the fact that he is a vampire doesn't give her even ONE SECOND of doubt that MAYBE they shouldn't date? Was I supposed to be impressed with her "bravery"? It just made her seem pathetic to me. I don't have a problem with her loving someone she "shouldn't" (it's what some of the best love stories are made of, after all), but a little bit of doubt would have made their love much more believable to me.

I couldn't wait to finish this book, but not because I was excited to see what happens to Bella and Edward, but because I can't wait to move onto a book worthy of my time. The only thing that kept me reading this ridiculous book was the fact that it was my book clubs selection. Needless to say, I won't be reading the sequels.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight.