Lydia Presley's Reviews > The Legacy

Oct 14, 11

bookshelves: 2011, family, fiction, historic-fiction, mystery
Read on October 02, 2011

Original review posted here

Just a few minutes after picking up The Legacy by Katherine Webb, II felt a familiar feeling come over me. I relaxed, my mind went a little hazy and I got a little shiver down my back. All those signs together signal to me that I’m about to enjoy a story filled with mystery, surrounded by a dark feeling that marks the perfect type of fall read.

The Legacy is yet another book I’ve been introduced to this year that is that perfect type of fall read – the one that begs you to cuddle up beneath a blanket with a warm cup of tea and just lose yourself in the story. So I lost myself in it. For hours I read, even to the point of walking around with my nose in the book to do mundane things like get another cup of tea or grab the mail.

All that said, was it a perfect story? Well.. no, there could have been a few changes. I felt as if it drug on needlessly in parts and that it was a bit over the top drama-wise, but it wasn’t a game breaker for me. I still wanted to know the end. I also felt the ending was.. a bit far-fetched, but it worked for the story that Web was telling.

I will say the descriptions of the house grounds were beautiful and the idea of a traveling family one that fascinated me. Overall, this was a book filled with some interesting ideas, some well-played out and others needing a bit of work, but it was an overall worthwhile read, especially if you, like me, are looking for those perfect reads for the season.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Legacy.