Nicki Markus's Reviews > The Rest Falls Away

The Rest Falls Away by Colleen Gleason

Oct 04, 11

bookshelves: read-paranormal
Read from October 02 to 04, 2011

I picked up this book after having loved the Regency Draculia trilogy by the same author. This story was okay, but it failed to catch my attention the way Regency Draculia did.

The opening was very slow and rather clichéd and a few times I had to convince myself to keep reading. Unlike the Regency Draculia series, which was fresh and interesting, I read this feeling that I'd seen it all before in Buffy. Victoria's character never grew on me, the men were insipid and the plot was fairly predictable.

That said, the pace did pick up by the mid-way point and that kept me going to the end as by that point I did want to see how it would all play out.

I probably will still read the other books in this series, but unlike the Regency Draculia stories that I feel I could read again and still enjoy, the Gardella books will be ones I only want to read once.

In conclusion: This is not a bad story, but it was just lacking that spark of originality to make it stand out from the crowd. For those new to Gleason's work, I would recommend the Regency Draculia trilogy over this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rest Falls Away.

10/04/2011 page 221