Karen's Reviews > The Shattered Door

The Shattered Door by Brandon Witt

Oct 17, 2011

Read from October 06 to 17, 2011 , read count: once

Wow! I don't know where to begin. What a great book. Was slow to start, but didn't take long to be totally emersed in it. A book about a Gay Christian Man doubting his way of life. His search for God's approval of his sexuality. Brooke from infant to adult struggled for his mothers love. A mother who couldn't love him uncondintionaly. Being hurt over and over again by his mothers abusive lifestyle, Brooklyn leaves and finally finds love and a job with troubled youth, until he is falsely accused of hurting one of the boys, and loses his job. Coincedence or not, he is called home to help with his mother who had a stroke, can his life get any worse? Does he find the approval he is looking for? Will he be accepted for who he is, and will he ever be able to do what he loves most? Did he ever truely exist in his mothers eyes? You will have to read the book to find out! This book brought me to tears many times. Brandon truely has as much of a gift to write, as he does the gift of helping and teaching the kids he loves so much. I will be looking forward to many more books by Brandon Witt!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shattered Door.

10/10/2011 page 55
13.0% "I am wondering what makes him so shy? I can't wait to find out more about his life. I like the authors way with words!" 5 comments
10/15/2011 page 213
49.0% "I am at a point in the book where I don't want to put it down. A very good book!"
10/16/2011 page 358
82.0% "This book is engrossing! I can't put it down. I have less than a 100 pages left. I can't wait to write my review! Incredibly written."

message 1: by Brandon (new) - added it

Brandon Witt Thanks, Karen!!! Hope you enjoy it!!!

Karen How much of this book relates to your life? Were they true events? I was very moved by this book. And of course God loves all people unconditionaly, aren't we all his children in the end? I don't care if were black, or white, straight or gay. There shouldn't even be a name or color difference. We in the end are all striving for the same thing. Love, acceptance, Gods forgiveness, and to give back. To be happy, and work hard.