Ashlee Suddarth's Reviews > Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10

Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell

F_50x66
May 07, 08

The Lone Survivor, by Marcus Luttrell, is a compelling story of four navy SEALS and their beginning and finish. The book commences by telling the story of a young man who grew up to be a navy SEAL and the basic training that he endured. It amazes me that humans can actually make it through that type of strenuous training. The first part of the book is about the training and you would think that it couldn’t get worse, but it does. While the second half takes you through a disturbing battle that in many ways makes the SEAL selection and training process appear so difficult and so effective.

Reading this fills me with humility and gratitude for the sacrifice that all the members of our armed services make on our behalf, but especially for the men of the SEAL teams. All I can say is that I am very glad they are on our side. These four men fight till their very last breath even after being shot, beaten, exhausted, hungry, and knowing it’s never going to stop. They are the strongest of the strong physically and mentally. Although three of the men died--they will be remembered for their heroic sacrifice for their country.

This is truly a book that will draw you in and will be a hard one to put down. Anyone who doubts the armed forces should pick this book up and take a look. It opened my eyes to the other side of the story--what these brave souls do everyday. You will be amazed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lone Survivor.