edj's Reviews > The Kitchen Counter Cooking School: How a Few Simple Lessons Transformed Nine Culinary Novices into Fearless Home Cooks

The Kitchen Counter Cooking School by Kathleen Flinn

F 50x66
Oct 01, 11

bookshelves: currently-reading

Author and cook Kathleen Flinn was intrigued, one day in a supermarket, as she watched a woman fill her cart entirely with processed food—frozen meals, dinners in a box, etc. She started talking to her and realized the woman was completely intimidated by her kitchen, and didn’t trust herself to know how to roast a whole chicken or prepare a sauce for pasta. Kathryn had the idea of cooking classes to teach the basics. She found 9 volunteers who let her into their homes to see how they shopped, and then attended classes with her to learn such basics as how to chop vegetables or choose spices. It’s actually a really fun book. I am alternating between feeling smug (I make most things from scratch) and feeling like I would probably benefit from some of her classes myself.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kitchen Counter Cooking School.