Amy's Reviews > Tempest

Tempest by Julie Cross

Oct 26, 11

bookshelves: sweet-sweet-arc, fantastic-debuts, all-time-favorites, gorgeous-covers
Read on October 26, 2011

For a more in-depth review and more, check out http://vivaladolcevita14.blogspot.com/

DISCLAIMER!!! I received this book through the wonderful Goodreads First Reads program and by extension St. Martin's Press. Thank you!

Oh my, I love this book so freaking much! I adore it in a way that can't be explained. I'm honestly shocked that I read it as quickly as I did. I loved the gripping, fast paced way about this book. It was addictive and hooking! The romance was beautiful and sweet, making your heart flutter and longing for one of your own. I do admit one thing that docked some points, the time travel aspect. I don't know, the time travel aspect was a bit confusing most of the time. At some points, I couldn't tell what time Jackson, the main protagonist is in. For being a major aspect of the novel, and eventual trilogy, I thought it should have been simplistic or at least better developed/explained. Other than that, I love this book!

Jackson is one of the only male protagonists that I've read in YA. I loved his snarky attitude, his loyalty to those he loved, his complexity, and his all around sexiness. *Sigh* Oh Jackson. The best thing is if here were somehow real, we're the same age so it wouldn't be weird! I know, I'm a very odd person, and damn proud of it! Adam was also very swoon-worthy, snarky in his own right, caring and sweet, smart as hell. He'd be my awesome genius boy! Holly was wonderful. She stood on her own, wasn't one-note and had real development. I feel like we'd be friends in real life.

I loved Julie Cross' writing style. She knows what she's talking about (time travel aside) She hooks you in from page one on. I loved the way the book was formatted too, made it feel like I was there. :)

Pick this up when it comes out in January! I will definitely be buying the next book when it comes out, which will probably be a long time from now :(
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempest.

10/26/2011 page 350