Diana Banana's Reviews > The Next Thing I Knew

The Next Thing I Knew by John Corwin

F 50x66
Oct 01, 11

Wow. This book was different than just about anything I've read before. It starts off with everyone dying and only gets more interesting from there.

The main character, Lucy, is hilarious. I was actually laughing out loud at some of the things she did, especially at this one point when she possesses a gorilla. I won't say anything else to avoid spoilers.

I couldn't put this book down, which is saying something. I probably would have read it all in one sitting if I hadn't had to force myself to put it down at 2am on a weekday!

I really liked being inside Lucy's head. I've read some books where the main character makes me want to slap her/him because they're just being stupid. Lucy was a strong main character without being a total meanie too. And Chris was so cool. I mean, what other guy would take a date out to the rings of Saturn? And a picnic too!! Kind of makes me wish I could be a ghost like that.

The book cover is just beautiful too.

I really hope there's a sequel soon because I loved this book. I don't read as much as I used to, but I'm definitely willing to take time for the sequel. :D

-Di
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Next Thing I Knew.