Terry's Reviews > Falling to Pieces

Falling to Pieces by Vannetta Chapman

119550
Sep 30, 11

bookshelves: first-reads
Recommended for: Mystery fans, Amish fans, anyone looking for a clean, fun read
Read in October, 2011, read count: 1

Callie Harper has had plenty of loss in her life lately. First, she loses her husband, and then her aunt Daisy passes. Aunt Daisy had a quilt shop in an Amish community, Shipshewana, and Callie takes over running the shop until it can be sold. Along comes Deborah Yoder, an Amish woman who loves piecing things together, whether it be a quilt or a mystery. She needs to sell some quilts to help out some friends, and Callie has the means to do it. Callie comes under criticism for listing the quilts for sale on the internet, especially when the local newspaper editor doesn't report the facts exactly right. When said editor is murdered, Callie comes under suspicion and scrutiny for the murder.
These 2 women are complete opposites, yet they form a successful friendship and team up to solve the mystery of who really killed the newspaper editor.

This was a fun, clean read with an assortment of colorful characters to keep you entertained. It contains a hint of Christian flavor, however, it is NOT preachy. A good book for mystery lovers, Amish novel fans, or anyone looking for a "cozy" read. Myself? I'm looking forward to reading the next 2 books in the series! Bravo Vannetta Chapman for a winning combination!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free through Goodreads. (Thank you Vannetta Chapman for the opportunity to read this book). I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling to Pieces.