Shannon (aka The Tale Temptress)'s Reviews > Shades of Earth

Shades of Earth by Beth Revis

I was so scared to read this book because I've read a couple other series finales lately and was very disappointed. I had loved the first two books in the series so much that I was gunshy, thinking this one would disappoint me too. I shouldn't have worried. Beth Revis put a brilliant end to what has been a brilliant series!! I loved this book so much, and it was an amazing finish to this series.

Let me start out by saying that again, I loved these characters. Everything you love about Elder and Amy stays true in this book. Amy is just as smart and intuitive, and Elder just as sweet, noble and determined. These characters stay exactly as they are supposed to be, while still managing to grow and reach new depths. Amy changes, of course, learns new things, and realizes that her long held beliefs might not always be correct. Elder in particular... we have watched him struggle in the first two books to be a good leader, but I have to say that he really came into his own in this book. He became a true her and I loved, loved, loved him!!

This book had several twists and turns that were completely, shockingly, unexpected for me. It came to a satisfying conclusion. I did kind of figure out the ultimate ending ahead of time, but that didn't detract from the story's impact. If I had to make any complaint at all, it might be that the ending felt a little rushed to me, but it does kind of leave things open to the possibility of a revisit to this new world.

All in all though, the writing was amazing, as always, the story was truly unique, and the book rounded out the series perfectly. I seriously can't wait for Beth Revis to start a new series and blow me away again. Her writing is phenomenal!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shades of Earth.