Ruby's Reviews > Luna

Luna by Julie Anne Peters

Sep 30, 11

Told from Regan’s point of view, this is the story of a girl born in a boy’s body. His name is Liam and he is Regan’s older brother. The girl who is Liam’s real self is named Luna. Weird, right? It is definitely not a normal situation and Regan finds herself protecting Luna from what people see as freakish. Regan tries to protect her brother from friends, family, and the world who will not accept him, and she is worn down by the task, but there is nothing else she can do.

I really don’t think I would have picked up a pick about a transgendered teenager at any time, ever, but I really liked this book. The characters had depth and the plot moved along well. The best thing about the novel was the relationship between Regan and Liam. They were so close and they loved each other so much but they would still argue like brother and sister and would get angry and frustrated with each other. They wanted each other to be happy and to be able to be themselves as they face the world, and only then was happiness possible for either of them. That’s a good lesson for any one.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Luna.