Elizabeth's Reviews > Tea with Hezbollah: Sitting at the Enemies Table Our Journey Through the Middle East

Tea with Hezbollah by Ted Dekker

Oct 10, 11

bookshelves: historical, memoir
Read from September 30 to October 10, 2011

I didn't fully agree with the theology of the writer. Like, for example when he declared that Islam Judaism and Christianity all follow the same god. (My opinion they are not) But I did find some parts of the book fascinating. I have thought that Americans view all things in the Middle East the same and all people in the Middle East the same and I believe that's wrong. We do need to try to understand people from other parts of the world as this book suggests we need to do. I do believe I understand some of the conflicts in the Middle East a bit better from reading this book.
I also agreed with the definition of love in this book- sacrficing, suffering, with and for others. But I believe the only way to love each other is to truly love God. Jesus died not because of people who opposed His teaching on love but because He loved us enough to sacrifice Himself. He would have died whether people hated Him or not. Those who haven't been touched by His love cannot touch others with His love.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tea with Hezbollah.