Kendra's Reviews > Ghosts of Coronado Bay

Ghosts of Coronado Bay by J.G. Faherty

Jan 04, 12

It's terrible that it's taken me so long to read this! I was missing out. I have had so many stacks of library books that I haven't been able to read books I actually own. This was a perfect holiday break read: short but exciting. The story focuses on 16 year old Maya who finds herself deeply involved in both a love triangle and a mystery. Following the trend in YA literature today, Maya isn't just an ordinary teen - she is also a "seer" who can see and communicate with ghosts. Of course this special ability is where both the love triangle and the mystery come in. Maya meets two ghosts, Blake and Gavin, when an old shipwreck is raised and displayed in a local museum. Both are attractive and interested in her, but their reasons for pursuing Maya are very different, and the mystery arises when Maya must figure out the secrets the ghosts are hiding. Overall I enjoyed the story, although I found the ghosts a little stereotypical - the "good" and the "bad." Still, the story moves at a fast pace and Maya is a realistic and likable character.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ghosts of Coronado Bay.