Christi Snow's Reviews > Small Town Christmas

Nov 01, 11

Read on October 31, 2011

Kissing Santa Claus by Jill Shalvis
My Rating: A-
NASCAR driver Logan Perrish returns to Lucky Harbor, Washington, with love in his heart and a ring in his pocket. But can Sandy Jansen forget the past and give him a second chance? Or will Logan be spending another Christmas alone?

My Review:
Short and sweet and so romantic. A perfect little short Christmas romance about Sandy & Logan who hooked up for a torrid affair for one week 5 months ago. It was supposed to be temporary, but neither one has been able to forget it. Now Logan is back to prove that temporary can actually mean forever.

Full of Jill Shalvis' renowned romantic, fun writing, this is the perfect little story set in the beloved town of Lucky Harbor. Logan is Tara's ex and a professional Nascar racecar driver. They are good friends now and we see both her and Jax from the Lucky Harbor series in this book. This is a great little addition to the series!

I'll Be Home for Christmas by Hope Ramsay
My Rating: A+
After ignoring the advice of Miz Miriam Randall, local matchmaker, Annie Roberts expects another hum drum holiday in Last Chance, South Carolina. But when a stray cat arrives in the arms of Army sergeant Matt Jasper, a calico named Holly just may be the best matchmaker of all.

My Review:
OMG! this is what a good Christmas story is all about. Matt has just gotten out of the Army and gone to Last Chance to deliver his buddy Nick's final gift to his grandmother. Matt doesn't have anything to return to for Christmas, but the magical Christmas stories that Nick always told him before he died, lured him to Nick's hometown of Last Chance.

I challenge you to finish this story without a tear in your eye. Wow! An amazing story about the magic of Christmas especially for one heart-worn soldier. Such a good story!

O Little Town of Bramble by Katie Lane
My Rating: A
All Ethan Miller wants for Christmas is to celebrate in Bramble, Texas, with family and friends. But when his childhood neighbor, Samantha Henderson, comes home for the holiday, Ethan realizes that the girl-next-door could be the girl of his dreams.

My Review:
What a fabulously fun little Christmas story. Katie Lane's books always make me laugh out loud and this one was certainly no different. Ethan & Samantha were childhood friends, but then she left for college while he stayed home to help tend the farm for his family. Ethan has always been shy except for with Sam, but when she left, their friendship fell apart. Now she's back with his dream career and education. A holiday miracle is needed to help these find each other and the characters of Bramble, TX are just the folks to provide it.

I giggled and laughed all the way through this story. It is simply good Christmas, heartwarming reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Small Town Christmas.